Your Harwood Heights Paving Company
Paving a driveway is generally the last thing on a Harwood Heights homeowner or potential Harwood Heights homeowner's mind, but the choices made can make a real difference down the road. Some driveway types will require lots of maintenance and frequent repair or replacement and others, such as asphalt, are meant to stand the test of time. Buying one that will last is generally the best choice overall.
Asphalt, the stuff roads are made of, is meant to take a serious beating. For Harwood Heights paving purposes it's made of a mixture of concrete and petroleum that's designed to handle heat, weight and wear and tear when it retains a solid form. Just like a roadway, though, it requires proper laying and care to maintain its usefulness, but when these go into the mix, the advantages over plain concrete are many and include:
- Smoothness - Asphalt generally looks cleaner and smoother than gravel. It's also a little easier to shape than concrete. A well laid asphalt driveway can look as pretty as a black sheet of glass.
- Property value - A solid driveway that looks great can add value to a property by increasing its eye appeal.
- Appearance - Asphalt that's well maintained can hold its appearance much longer than typical concrete and especially gravel. Since it's laid down and hardened, asphalt won't need to be replaced as often as loose gravel drives will.
- Understanding the Benefits of Professionally Paved Asphalt
When professionally paved asphalt is one of the best surface materials to implement into your project. Roads, driveways and parking lots are ideal spaces for residential and commercial property owners in Chicago to use asphalt…
- Preparing for Winter Weather & The Services You Will Need
Winter weather is never easy to deal with in the Chicago area, and some winters are worse than others. In order to make it as stress-free as possible, it is important to have a plan in place for dealing with inclement weather. The problem is, the average business owner just waits to see what happens and then tries to scurry to play catch up…